Imposter Syndrome ?
Every time you login to a web-site these days you have to create a new identity, is it any wonder we are all suffering from Imposter Syndrome.
As if that wasn’t enough – if any of these web-sites you use are compromised by a hacker or spring a leak – your details could fall into the wrong hands.
All of your data is up for grabs when this happens, from your Date of birth to your bank details. Knowing if you have been compromised is now critically important to avoid potential problems both in business and your personal life.
As a customer of ours – we can set-up a monitoring service to alert you as soon as any new information is discovered about you or your companies email domain, on the dark-web or elsewhere on-line so you can take the appropriate action to protect yourselves on-line.
However – as you are here – why not use our simple checker below to see if you’ve had any compromises recently?
What’s a secure password?
What makes a password safe? We have a whole policy for our clients on how to choose and use a password – but I’m going to keep things simple here.
- It should be at least 16 Characters long
- It should contain as complex a mix as you can remember – Upper case, Lower case and punctuation
- It should be unique for every identity you have
- You’ll need to remember it
That’s a lot to ask. Remembering unique passwords for every single web-site you visit is probably too much – so we strongly recommend you use a password manager. Our favourite for home users is Passpack. For clients – we have our own service that’s free for them to use.
The tool below can be used to check your password is secure OR generate a very secure password for your next site – but PLEASE don’t write it down or store it electronically.
Our range of Fulcrum IT services
Fulcrum provides a range of IT Services – all of which are underpinned by our general philosophy of allowing you to get on with your business – including:
- Policy Definition and Management
- Microsoft 365 Management
- Email Security
- Windows Update Management
- Software control
- Anti-malware scanners
- Security Operation Centre
Our first customer was the first long-short market-neutral hedge fund. We solved their problems quicker than anyone else. Despite evolving technology, efficient computers with prompt support remain essential in the financial sector…
As a legal firm, your focus is on the Law. We focus on providing the right technology solution for your legal niche or general practice, from AI-powered dictation to practice management packages…
What makes us perfect for the financial and legal sectors is just as applicable to other businesses. Our philosophy is that great companies need an equally great technology service – planned to be future-proof and secure…
The business benefits
- Fast support response and resolution
- Ownership of your technology issues through to fix or work-around
- A complete, integrated cyber security solution suitable for small businesses
- Our policy generation gives your company an evolving technology road map so you can your staff know what your technology does
- Risk-based security policies to ensure your business understands its security posture and is ready to respond to threats